Sunday, July 25, 2010

Everyday Yumminess: Corn Salad

Possibly the best thing about summer is corn coming into season. I can't get enough of fresh, sweet, delicious summer corn... I was having a hard-core green bean craving heading into the weekend (which has never happened to me before... but the heart wants what it wants...) so I went looking for something that could combine these two vegetables. What I stumbled upon was a quick and easy recipe for Warm Corn Salad with Green Beans, Radishes, and Fresh Thyme. I modified the recipe (found here) a bit (and they had apparently modified it a bit from Martha Stewart Living). Here's a quick run-down: Start by thin-slicing some red onion and some radishes.
Strip the kernels off a dozen corn cobs, blanch some green beans, and pluck some fresh thyme...
The onions go into a hot pan first, followed shortly by some minced garlic and the thyme...
In goes the corn...
and the green beans...
Dress with the lime juice, stir in the radishes off the heat, and you have a bright, fresh, and delicious summer salad...
Add a grilled chicken breast, and you have yourself a tasty summer dinner. Yum!

No comments: