Sunday, April 4, 2010

Everyday Yumminess: Fresh Tuna

I dropped by H-Mart on Friday and, being tuckered out from a long week at work, decided I wasn't up to cooking that night. What better solution, I decided, than to pick up an ingredient that doesn't require any cooking?
For Friday dinner I sliced up some of this lovely Ahi to top a bowl of sushi rice...I like to serve it with a little spicy mayo (made with mayo, Sriracha, and a couple drops of sesame oil). I hadn't had sushi in approximately forever, so this was the perfect Friday night dinner for a kid like me.
I decided to use the rest of my $10 hunk of tuna to satisfy another craving: Ahi Poke.I diced the tuna and tossed with scallions, sesame seeds, chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and a couple drops of white truffle oil... Throw it in the fridge to marinate, and you have a lovely, fresh lunch waiting for you the next day.
Considering how inexpensive and easy these two meals were, I will definitely have to be making use of H-Mart's seafood department more often. Mmmm... Tuna...

No comments: