Sunday, July 26, 2009

Not So Fast...

I try not to talk about this stuff here, but I figured I should post a small update for those of you who are using my blog to follow the Emmo Becomes Part-Cyborg saga... When I posted on Thursday after surgery about being pain-free, things may have been somewhat blurred by a combination of optimism and pain meds. Apparently it was a mistake for me to take the "cautiously" out of my "cautiously optimistic." Even by Friday morning (when I had to do a lot of standing while watching T clean up the giant mess from the broken pipe) I could see that my cyborg parts weren't working the way that they should. I've actually gone ahead and turned them off today, because they're not helping at all and the tingling isn't worth putting up with if you're not getting the associated pain relief. I'm going in to see my surgeon tomorrow, and hopefully it will just be a matter of reprogramming things, but I'm not convinced that's all it will take... In the meantime I'm just trying not to get too angry and frustrated...
I've got book-reading and espresso on the schedule, and will go ahead and blast my "Bad Mood" playlist (Candlebox, Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, and The Black Keys) later today if I still have some residual frustration that needs dissipating... In summary: "Arg."

No comments: