Monday, September 22, 2008

TBA Day 10: Worst Food Blogger Ever

Today was pretty much dominated by the fact that I had to wake up after less than 3 hours of sleep to start watching 10 hours of NFL football starting at 1am. The games this morning were totally awesome, but by the time they were over I was in desperate need of a nap and crashed until after 3pm. I’ve been overdoing it a bit ankle-wise around here, so I decided I should combine my need to let my ankles recover with my desire to be lazy and spend the rest of the day hanging out with my book enjoying my hostel. (Anjung's outdoor area pictured below.)
It was a really lovely day as far as such things go. Pleasantly uneventful, and thus nothing really to write about and resulting in my shortest post ever… Around 7pm I ventured out to Jalon Alor to find dinner at one of the many hawker stalls, and a lot of things were looking pretty tasty but I just really wasn’t hungry at all (again), so apparently I’m still having RTS issues… I was going to go back at 8pm, but I’m still not hungry and I’m completely exhausted so I’m thinking bed would be a better option right now.

This is getting seriously frustrating. Usually I joke that I may have Prader-Willi Syndrome because I seldom am not hungry. (I usually feel less hungry after meals, but never actually full.) Now it’s been almost a week since the last time that I felt like eating something (anything, even a few bites) wouldn’t make me uncomfortably full. (Even the small sausages last night when I thought I was doing better I could barely finish.) There’s so much awesome food around, and that food was sort of the whole point of this trip, and it’s starting to look like I’ll be leaving KL the day after tomorrow without ever really experiencing the food.

At this rate I may have to give up and re-title this blog “Aventures of an Over-Invested Bucs Fan.”

No comments: